jeudi 31 janvier 2008

FrEeDOm WrItErsSdIaRy

1.I don't know whom I would like to invite in my school, I think that I would invite all the people who help the world and save people. I thing that the freedom writers are very interesting. I like their idealistic views, I like the fact that thy have shared thier life experiences. they are free.
2.
3.The people think that if they are a group, they are safe cool and important but it's not true, I have my look, my thoughts and it is so good.
4.The freedom writers are Black, Asian, Latino and Caucasian.
5.The "hood" is dangerous; there are a lot of gangs. The people are just waiting "to get jumped"(killed or attacked). The Whites are unfair to the other ethnicities.
6.The parents work hard to make ends meet. So they are not interested in their kids (or they don’t have time to be interested in them). And they are not an example.
7.
8. In this paragraph, the student refers to a book called "Durango Street" " We began to understand the true meaning of not judging a book by its cover" It means "nous commencons à comprendre la vraie raison de ne pas juger un livre par sa couverture."
9.The main issues that the students face are racism, racial segregation at school, discrimination, gang rivalry. They try (fight) to survive (one of the student explains that he has to buy a gun simply to protect himself).
10. I find the description of the death of this student horrible. I think, that I would not survive in such world. Their world is completely different from ours here in Geneva.
11.The freedom writers are learning to accept and respect each other. Ms Gruwell speaks to the world and they understand that it is ridiculous to judge other peolple, and that gang life leads how here nowhere, will not bring anything positive to their lives.

1 commentaire:

nat a dit…

Hi Anais, can you send me an email so that I can send you the corrections for this text?
nathaliepahud@yahoo.fr
thanks
n